Wednesday, December 3, 2008

My Booty Hurts!

400M Walking Lunge gets me Every Time!
512 Steps
19:36

I got off to a rough start. On one of my first lunges, I didn't "kiss" the ground with my knee. It was more of a high speed collision with the concrete - a self correcting error. I lost some time bent over and cursing in the street, but once I got going again I felt strong... until the 26th step. Then I stood up, realized it was going to be harder than I remembered, cursed again, and continued down the block.

It was downhill from there, literally. Until the half way mark here I had to turn around and lunge UP hill. I kept asking myself why I was subjecting myself to this discomfort just like I do during most workouts.

When I pulled up to my house I had three flights of stairs to climb. I dove into my bed and started tearing off my clothes. I was overheating. I soaked my sheets but couldn't move. When I finally stood up to put myself in the shower and rip the gross sheets off of my bed, my leg gave right out from underneath me. I knew I was in trouble and asked myself once again why I did this to myself.

Right then when I was hating myself I caught a glimpse of my booty in the mirror. I had my answer. My ass looked incredible.

In the (rear) end, it was all worth it.

This morning when I woke up, I reached for the asprin, got out of bed and went to kiss my Boo like I do every morning (I'm the luckiest girl in the whole world to have a sweet EthanBoo to love). Well, he woke up on the wrong side of the bed. Either that of he was just pissed because I was blocking his view of Thomas on TV. He kicked me in the legs. >:O

My Mama laughed her ass off when she saw my backside. She said it looks like I have butt implants. See girls! No need to complain about not being about to do anything about your booty. Just lunge yourself to death. You'll be stronger and have a great, perky, round ass!




Going to get my hair done today. I've been wearing a hat for 2 weeks. I don't like to do too much to my hair very often because it's so long. I want to avoid damaging it too much. Healthy hair is beautiful hair. The only way you can get away with bleaching or coloring all the time is if it's short.. and I'm not cutting my hair anytime soon. I'm still not over the trauma Santonio inflicted on me years ago.. another story for another time.

Did you ever wish we lived in the future where we could just go through a machine and come out the other end looking fabulous? I do. I love looking beautiful and put together. But sometimes the process to get there is borrrring and tedious.
Going to the salon feels like a
chore to me sometimes. I LOVE how I feel when I leave.. like a new person in some ways. I'm sure I even carry myself differently. But there are plenty of places I'd rather be than sitting in a chair for HOURS making small chat. I HATE SMALL CHAT.

Here are some (not all) of the things I can't stand talking about:

-The weather
-My personal life

-Their personal lives

-Politics

-Where we grew up
-Celebrity gossip


Some people say that their hair stylists are like their therapists. Not me anymore. I used to go to the same woman named Adrian for years. I loved her and she loved me. So it was easy to follow along with her life and invest a little energy in getting to know her. I liked her and it made sense. But she moved and I miss her. Now I go to a new salon (which is awesome) and I pick a new person pretty much every time. It's exhausting spending a couple of hours getting to know the basic facts about someone just to walk away and not see each other again for a long time. We both know we don't REALLY care what we do in our spare time. We walk away with a bunch of trivial information about a person we won't ever really know. THEN I feel like I have to store that information for next time to avoid seeming rude or forgetful. It's hard!


Am I being terrible? I guess I'm just cranky about having to sit in one spot for hours. I'd be able to handle and enjoy a strangers company if we were out moving around and doing things. But it's like my brain can't work and come up with things to talk about when I'm not moving for such a long time. It's like my body is so frustrated that my mind can't function properly. Usually I feel fun and creative with my conversation, but tie me down and I turn into a lame ass.


I feel bad for Marissa today. I'll bring a good book or read trashy magazines. But how will she
be entertained? I guess she'll be able to concentrate on my hair. But for some reason I feel a sense of responsibility for keeping her happy. Salons are supposed to be relaxing aren't they? I get all stressed out.

But again, in the end it will all be worth it. My hair will look as awesome as my Booty.

I'm so thankful for my Mama and my Little Boo. I love them more than everything in the whole universe.


And this is just ridiculous. What you can't see is he has another dog in the basket with the newspaper in the front of his Jazzy. Makes me laugh every time I see it. It's the simple things in life, isn't it? :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Is that your Mom? WOW! No wonder you're so pretty.