Wednesday, December 24, 2008

CrossFit Goals for 2009

  • Full ROM HSPU on Parallettes
  • Free standing HSPU
  • 40 pull-ups unbroken
  • Master the fucking Zone, stay on it and lean the fuck out - only to be able to do "Linda" as RX'd
  • 150 Jerk... at least
  • 250# Back Squat
  • 270# DL
  • Sub 3 Fran.
  • Grace as RX'd with 135#
  • 165# Clean
  • 110# Press
  • 100 Double Unders in a row
  • Follow the Main Site WOD. No skipping workouts because they suck. No over training either. Extra runs don't count.
  • Pick a new sport and stick with it. Are there gymnastics programs for adults?
  • Better dips. Deeper, and stronger.
  • Consecutive Muscle Ups... lets say 5

My biggest, most important goals are to keep my training consistent and to stay in the Zone. Nothing else will happen if those things aren't in check.

I have some work to do! I've been on my way to these numbers before my training became inconsistent for awhile. So I have to make up a little ground and then keep going. It's been brutal to see and feel my fitness go down. I feel my best and look my best when I'm in the gym everyday or close to it and training hard.

A year is a long time. Maybe I'll hit these goals and then some.


What are your Fitness Goals for the New Year?

6 comments:

Tracey said...

Sub 3 Fran? eeek!
Thats quite the goal... what is your fran time now?

AllisonNYC said...

Tracey - eeek is right. I know I'll have to do a lot of thrusters to get there but I think I can do it. I've been working on the Bfly kip and it's faster, but I don't know if it's easier.

My best is 4:44 when I did it at Throwdown in May. I did it once since then and it was a disaster.

I can do the first 21 and the 9 thrusters unbroken. I usually do 8 and 7 for the 15 thrusters.

The pull-ups have been the issue. Maybe I should do man Fran more often. When I did it the last time the thrusters sucked so much that the pull-ups felt like cake... still took me almost 13 minutes though. UG.

Lots of pull-ups and thrusters in my future.

Tracey said...

I so know how you feel... I haven't been completely consistent with training and the zone and I've seen my strength go down. Its frustrating to take a step back. These are my goals:
1. Muscle Up
2. 40 pull ups in a row
3. Double BW Deadlift (at 235# now - DB =266)
4. Body weight OHS
5. Body weight Clean & Jerk
6. 1 HSPU (Full range of motion.. with or without wall )
7. Sub 4 minute fran (at 5:23 right now)
8. 110# Shoulder Press (at 85# now)
9. 150# Bench Press (at 95# now)
10. 152# Power Clean (at 115# now)
11. 200# Back Squat (at 165# now)

some are a little... lofty but we'll see.. I like to aim high

AllisonNYC said...

Those are great goals. Don't treat them like they're lofty. Treat them like if you train and eat right, you'll achieve them.. Because you will.

Thanks for reminding me about the Bench Press. That's always been a huge weakness for me - push-ups (not so much anymore), dips and BP. I don't even know what my 1RM is.

How's your running? I need to make some set goals for that too. How about you?

MJ said...

My goal would be to actually START Crossfit. I've been going to the gym for 2 years doing the regular run of the mill (there's another phrase I hate) stuff.

I always go to the main site and think "you know, that could be fun".

Guess it's time for me to find out.

AllisonNYC said...

Oh Goodness, MJ. Now is the time.

I love hearing stories about how and when people found CrossFit. They always end with something like "and I never looked back".

Get started.

Let me now how your first WOD goes. Something tells me "Fun" isn't going to be the first adjective that comes to mind.... but it will probably be the second.

:D