Wednesday, November 26, 2008

I'm a Quitter


I'm putting an end to my Love Affair with Caffeine, Sugar, and Bread. I'm trying really hard to stay in the Zone.

I officially started today. No cheats so far. I was tempted this morning at EthanBoos school Thanksgiving party. I handed out four dozen cupcakes to the children and didn't even lick a single one... the cupcakes, not the kids.

I think the caffeine is going to be the hardest part. I used to hate Starbucks ... I called it StarYUCKS. But somewhere along the line I fell in love. I'm easy I guess and I believe CrossFit is partly to blame.

I've always loved coffee. Especially the cheap kind from the delis in New York. I can still get a cup for 75 cents and it's delicious and makes me nostalgic. It reminds me of my parents and going down to the corner store when I was a kid to get a cup for each of them. I still think they sent me so they could have some "alone time". My dad liked his Black with 3 sugars and my Mom liked hers with milk, no sugar. The way they took their coffee said a lot about them - they're so opposite. My Mama always left a red lipstick print on her paper cup. I loved them so much.

But now I'm older and more mature or something and I like cappuccino. But I'm quitting. I've quit. I drink too much of the stuff. And all the cream and 3 equals I put in each of them just isn't good for me. I have to go cold turkey and make one day I'll be able to enjoy just one cup once a day. I sound like a junkie or an alcoholic. I'm "Getting off the crack". All of it.

I want to be as healthy as I can be and fit as Fuck. I know I look beautiful by most people standards, including my own. But I want to be fit and LOOK fit. I don't want veins sticking out anywhere, I don't want to lose my awesome booty and I don't need a 6pack, but I'd be happy if I could see some of the cute little muscles I've worked so hard for :) And being lighter means moving faster and getting to use less weight for "Linda" ;). I want faster recovery and all the benefits that come with the right choices.

I know it doesn't happen overnight but I have to start making changes somewhere. It has been easy to put in the back of my mind when I'm not surrounded by insanely fit, health obsessed people. I've had the most success with my diet and training when I had people who were all about it doing it with me. Brendan and the Blauers have been such huge inspirations to me. Their dedication to becoming healthy and staying healthy by having such control over their training and diet impresses me so much. I wanna be like them.. And when you have a boyfriend that looks like this it's impossible to not be excited about working out, eating well and looking good.


My Motivation

3 comments:

Unknown said...

What a neat place. I'll have to follow this considering I share a love of all things fitness as well! Happy Holidays!

AllisonNYC said...

Sounds great! I'm glad you're enjoying it. Same to you.

Allison

stupid ramblings of mine said...

I really liked your blog. I see you are crazy about crossfit. My really good friend is obsessed. Im a personal trainer and somehow that has made me obsessed with starbucks as well... Our gym is right beside starbucks so everyone is addicted.