Friday, May 1, 2009

Too Damn Busy





I've been so busy. We wake up at 5am to get to the gym at 6. Most days we don't leave until 7:30pm. We're training all day long and most hours require me demoing movements in the first part of class - very exhausting after awhile especially at the end of a long day.

But, I love it. I've always wanted to be able to hang out in the gym all day and train great people.

Today I did some light snatches - 5 sets of 5 with 85#.
Yesterday I did "Elizabeth" with 95# cleans and ring dips in 13 minutes.
The day before I did more snatches - 3 rounds of 10 75# snatches and 30 GHD situps.

I can't wait to get my press up over 100 - it's sitting at 98 now.
My back squat is 225 and 215 for 3.
My deadlift has been stuck at 245 for months because I never do them.
Clean & Jerk is 150
My Nancy with 95 is fast but only because I can do the squats quickly and unbroken. My running IS getting better but I'll never love it.

I figured out how to do a muscle up from starting upsideown and piked on the rings. It's almost easier than strict muscle ups. Both are getting much, much easier. I can do 4 in a row now but I'm set on doing at least 7 in a row within a few months (with a full lockout at the bottom of each rep.)

Brendan is working on his iron crosses and back levers.. they're pretty freaking good already.

Here are a few pictures from the last few weeks.
Some are from my mom and Baby Brothers visit from NYC and the others are from the qualifiers last weekend.

1 comment:

theresa said...

Such perfect penmanship, Allison! Looks like you're having fun. God Bless!